About Me

My name is Abby. I am a student at the University of Nebraska-Kearney in the United States. I will be studying abroad for 11 weeks at Palacky University in the Czech Republic. I would like to share my adventures and travel tips with family and friends. Follow me as I adjust to living and studying in a foreign country. I'll share all my experiences, whether good, bad, or ugly. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dublin

Our exploring van!

Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland

Kissing the Blarney Stone


Listening to some Irish music
 Oh Ireland, what a breathtaking place. The green, the rolling hills, the sheep, the coast, the castles, the list goes on and on. I loved everything about Ireland; I only wish I had time to see more of it. I spent my first day in Dublin, waiting in the airport for Katie and her parents to arrive. They decided to rent a car and drive down to the southern town of Cork. It was a great chance to see the Irish countryside and drive on the left side of the road! We stayed in a cozy bed and breakfast in Cork and then took off again the next day. We headed back to Dublin, but took a coastal route and got to see more of the smaller towns. We even stopped at a beach and admired the waves and water.
The coast

Enjoying a beer at the Guinness Factory

So green!
 Katie’s parents left the next day, so Alyshia, Katie and I had another two days to explore Dublin. We toured the Guinness factory, which was an amazingly well put together tour. The museum was very modern and new compared to the Budvar factory we had visited in the Czech Republic. We spent a great deal of time just walking around the city and taking pictures. We were lucky to have very nice weather and spent some time lounging in parks. Dublin was a lot of fun, expensive, but fun. After exploring the city for two days, we jetted off to London for a quick two day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment